PS3 Setup for Smart DNS Proxy
If you are planning to use Play Station 3 with Smart DNS Proxy, we recommend you to configure your router. Please find router configuration details in our How to Setup page.
Incase if you want to setup your PlayStation3 only, please follow up the following instructions:
1. Select Settings > Network Settings.
2. Select Internet Connection Settings.
3. Select Yes when a confirmation screen is displayed stating that you will be disconnected from the Internet.
4. Select Custom. Leave all settings as is until you reach DNS Settings.
5. Select Manual and fill DNS server fields with values of Smart DNS Proxy IPs as following: Use the two closest dns servers to your physical location.
6. Press Right Button on the PS3 controller until offered to check connection. Check connection to save the settings.
Make sure to RESTART your PS3!
* Remember whenever your PS3/Router IP changes, our service will stop working for you. You will need to LOG INTO Smart DNS Proxy and UPDATE your IP address so that our system could check your IP address and add your new IP to our database. Then, you will be able to continue using our service. If this is the first time you set up, we also suggest that you log in with your PC to our site from the same Wired/Wireless network to show our system your IP address.