Actiontec R1000H DNS Setup for Smart DNS Proxy
The following Smart DNS Proxy setup instructions is only needed one time. Once you finish the initial Smart DNS setup, you won't be needing to take the same steps anytime. Your connection will work automatically *anytime!
1. Type http://192.168.0.1 to your browser address section. (Some routers may use 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1)
2. Enter your router login username and password. The default router admin panel login username is "admin" and the password is "password". This may be different for your router, so please check your router documentation if needed.
3. Click on Advanced Setup from the top section.
4. From the Left click on WAN IP settings.
5. Under the DNS Server field, enter ONLY TWO Smart DNS Proxy IPs.
6. Click Apply.
Make sure to RESTART your Router!
* Remember whenever your PC/Router IP changes, our service will stop working for you. You will need to LOG INTO Smart DNS Proxy and UPDATE your IP address. So our system will check your IP address and add your new IP to our database. Then you will be able to continue using our service. If this is the first time you setup, we also suggest that you log in with your PC to our site from the same Wired/Wireless network to show our system your IP address.