Ubuntu 18 DNS Setup for Smart DNS Proxy
Below, you can find DNS Configuration specifically for Ubuntu 18.0x in order to use Smart DNS Proxy:
1. Click on top right network icon and select settings corresponding to the network interface you wish to set up with the Smart DNS Proxy.
2. Select the Wired or Wireless tabs, depending of your network. For example if you are connected to a wireless network, then select wireless! (click on the gear box icon next to your network connection you wish to configure.)
3. Select IPv4 from the top menu. Select the Name of Your Network, and Change it from Automatic DNS to Manual. Enter your desired configuration and hit Apply.
4. Enter Smart DNS Proxy DNS IPs to the DNS (Servers) section as following (instead of 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11):
The list of IP addresses of our DNS severs can be found on our DNS Server List here: https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/Servers.
*Use the closest DNS servers to your physical location. Select the closest server to your physical location as Primary. Then select the 2nd closest server to your physical location as Secondary server.
5. Click Save.
Now your Ubuntu will be using Smart DNS Proxy!
- Only Smart DNS Proxy IPs should be used. If you had any other DNS IPs please make sure to remove those. Otherwise, our service will not work.
- Make sure to visit www.smartdnsproxy.com and LOG INTO your account so that our system could identify your IP address to work with Smart DNS Proxy services. Otherwise, our service will not work.