VPN Setup for Asus Router : OpenVPN Protocol
Below you will find Open VPN setup instructions for ASUS Routers for Smart DNS Proxy VPN & SmartVPN networks.
This tutorial is only compatible with the following Asus routers: RT-N66U, RT-AC56U, RT-AC66U, RT-AC68U.
1. Login with the username and password you setup for your router account. By default, your User Name should be admin and your Password should be admin (unless you changed it).
2. Click VPN on the left-hand side under Advanced Settings.
3. Click the VPN Client tab on the top.
4. Click Add profile.
5. Click OpenVPN.
Description: Type any description that will help you recognize your VPN connection. We recommend you type in the name of the server location you want to connect to.
Username: type your username here
Password: type your password here
Click Here to download Config Files for older versions on your computer.
Click Here to download Config Files for versions 2.6 and above on your computer. Extract the file.
Click Choose File and select the file *.ovpn. Click Upload. You can click OK once the Complete! message pops up occurs.
6. Click Connect.
7. Once the tick shows up in the Connection Status box, you will have access to our VPN services!
Now all your internet traffic in your network is encrypted!
8. Check your location and IP address at https://www.whatismyip.com/ to confirm that the VPN connection is working.