VPN Setup for Android : L2TP Protocol
This article explains how to setup L2TP VPN protocol connection for Android devices.
Before we begin, you need to Activate your VPN account from your Smart DNS Proxy MyAccount panel. In order to do this login to your https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/MyAccount.
Under Home section you will find VPN Configuration Status. There simply enter the VPN username you would like to use and then click Activate. Your VPN account password will be the same as your Smart DNS Proxy account.
Setting up your Android for L2TP VPN:
- Open Settings and click on Wireless Controls or Wireless and Network depending of your Android version.
- Click on VPN Settings
- Click on Add VPN
- Click on Add L2TP/IPsec PSK VPN
- In the VPN Name field, enter Smart DNS Proxy or any other descriptive name of your choice.
- In the Set VPN Server field, enter us-ny2.serverlocation.co or any other server address you want to get connected.
(You can find all Smart DNS Proxy VPN Server addresses here : https://support.smartdnsproxy.com/article/130-vpn-server-locations-addresses)
- Tap Set IPsec pre-shared key and enter s3CuREpaSs412
- Uncheck Enable L2TP secret
- Open the menu and choose Save
How to Connect?
- Open the menu and choose Settings
- Tap Wireless and Network or Wireless Controls, depending on your version of Android.
- Tap VPN Settings
- Tap the VPN configuration from the list
- Enter your VPN account username and password. Your password is the same as your Smart DNS Proxy account password. VPN username is defined in your My Account > Home section.
- Tap Remember user name
- Tap Connect
There are several reasons that the VPN connection will fail. Here are some things to check.
- PPTP protocol might be blocked in your Internet Service Provider connection. Setup L2TP VPN connection. L2TP uses different protocol and encryption layer.
If the VPN connection still fails, please log a ticket with our support team for assistance.