Socks5 Proxy Setup for uTorrent
The socks5 proxy appears to be broken on uTorrent for OSX.
Setup uTorrent on MS Windows
1. Open your uTorrent client.
2. Click on Options and then press Preferences.
3. A new window pops up. Click on Connection.
4. On the Proxy Server section choose the Type Socks5
5. For Proxy, enter one of our VPN servers addresses, that allows torrent traffic. (Click to find our VPN Server List)
6. For Port type 1080 and make sure you check the following boxes: Authentication, Use proxy for hostname lookups, Use proxy for peer-to-peer connections, Disable all local DNS lookups, Disable features that leak identifying information, Disable connections unsupported by the proxy.
7. Type in your Username and Password in the authentication fields and press OK
You have just set up Socks5 for uTorrent.
If you want to check whether it really works, here is what you have to do:
1. Go to this websitehttp://ipmagnet.services.cbcdn.com/
2. Copy “Magnet link” address and open it in uTorrent client.
3. The file ipMagnet Tracking Link starts synchronizing.
4. While the file is connecting to peer return to the ipMagnet website. A new IP address, the one that you chose, appears.
As you can see, it is the IP address of VPN server which indicates uTorrent is downloading files through VPN proxy thus ensuring your downloads to be hidden and secured.