Socks5 proxy on Vuze client on OSX
1. Click on Vuze and then press Preferences
2. In the Mode section switch the User Proficiency from Beginner to Advanced.
3. Now go to Connection. Note: If you are planning to use Socks5 proxy for privacy purposes then you have to disable features that would otherwise allow your public IP address to leak and for other peers to connect directly to you. In the Peer Sources section deselect everything apart from the first one From a tracker.
4. Expand the Connection section to see more options and click on Proxy.
4. In the Tracker Communications section check the following boxes: Enable proxying of tracker communications [restart required] and I have a SOCKS proxy
For Host enter one of VPN servers addresses, which allows P2P traffic. (Click yo find our VPN Server List)
For Port enter 1080.
Type in your Username and Password in the authentication fields and press Test SOCKS.
A new window Testing SOCKS connection will pop up. It will give you the following result: Connection OK – supported version(s): 5. Press OK.
5. Close the Options menu and restart Vuze. After that, once you open Vuze, in the Status bar Socks should appear with a green indicator, which means that Socks5 is working perfectly.
You have just set up Socks5 proxy on Vuze.