OpenVPN Setup Instructions for Windows - Smart DNS Proxy VPN1. Download the install file below depending of your Windows version from this link https://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/downloads.html
2. Open the file and start installation.
3. Accept Windows UAC message (click YES button).
4. Press Next to start installation.
5. Accept the conditions by press I Agree.
6. Change nothing, just press Next:
7. Press Install.
8. Confirm VPN interface installation. Tick "Always trust software from "OpenVPN Technologies, Inc". and Click Install Button.
9. Press Next.
10. Press Finish to complete the installation.
11. Now Click Here to Download Config Files for Smart DNS Proxy VPN Network.
12. Extract the file you downloaded. File name should be like SmartDNSProxy-OpenVPN.zip.
You will see the Protocol-Port Directories as shown on the image below.
Click the desired port-protocol directory. If that protocol port is blocked on your network, you can always choose the others and try again. We suggest to use OpenVPN UDP ports first for connecting to servers.
Copy all files from the selected folder to the OpenVPN Config directory in your computer. Config directory names should be below:
For 64bit Windows "C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config"
For 32bit Windows "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenVPN\config"
Once the files copied to the config folders Installation complete! :)
13. Start OpenVPN. In some cases it's necessary to enforce administrator privileges, by right-clicking the OpenPN shortcut and select "Run a Administrator". Once opened, an icon will appear in your system tray.
14. Connect to a VPN server
Right-click the OpenVPN GUI icon on your system tray to display a list of VPN networks, then choose server and click "Connect"
Now Enter your VPN Account Username and Password and Click OK.
You are now connected and all your internet traffic is Encrypted & Secured!
You can connect and disconnect at anytime using OpenVPN Icon in the system tray. If the VPN connection fails, see the troubleshooting tips below.
There are several reasons that the VPN connection will fail. Here are some things to check.
- Please review your setup instructions in your setup properties section. Check the server address if it's entered properly.
If the VPN connection still fails, please log a ticket with our support team for assistance.