Wii DNS Setup for Smart DNS Proxy
Wii DNS Setup Instructions for Smart DNS Proxy Service
If you are planning to use Wii with Smart DNS Proxy Service we recommend you to configure your router. So every device connected to your router will benefit from Smart DNS Proxy at the same time as well as Wii. Please find router configuration details in our How to Setup page.
Incase if you want to setup your Wii only, please follow up the following instructions:
1. Open Wii Options.
2. Goto Wii Settings.
3. Click the right arrow once to view the Internet Options and Click Internet.
4. Select Connect Settings.
5. Select the Connection Profile which is Active.
6. Click Change Settings.
7. Scroll Right to Auto-Obtain DNS (Don't make any change on Auto-Obtain IP Address).
8. Select No and Open Advanced Settings.
9. Enter Smart DNS Proxy DNS. Select the closest server to your physical location from following:
10. Click Confirm.
11. Click Save.
12. Click OK.
13. Connection Test should now start and wait until it's done. Then return to main screen.
Make sure to RESTART your Wii!
* Remember whenever your Wii/Router IP changes, our service will stop working for you. You will need to LOGIN to Smart DNS Proxy and UPDATE your IP address. So our system will check your IP address and add your new IP to our database. Then you will be able to continue using our service. If this is the first time you setup, we also suggest you to login with your PC to our site from the same Wired/Wireless network to show our system your IP address.