Here is our video about setting up Smart DNS Proxy on Mac OSX and Windows. MAC OSX direct instructions start at minute one in the video. Below the video, you will also find step by step screen shot instructions.
Setting up Mac OSX with Smart DNS Proxy
1. Open System Preferences
2. Click on Network under Internet & Wireless.
3. Select the network (Wireless or Ethernet) your Mac is connected. For example, if your mac is connected through wireless network make sure to select AirPort.
Then Click on Advanced.
4. Click on DNS on the top section. Then click on the DNS Server IP and remove it with the - (minus) button below.
Then Click + (plus) button below to add Smart DNS Proxy IP addresses on the next step.
5. Fill DNS Server IPs.
Click on + button on the bottom left side of the screen to enter DNS Server IP. You will find IPs below.
Click on + button again and type the 2nd DNS Server IP.
Use the closest server to your physical location as Primary. Then select the 2nd closest server to your physical location as the Secondary server.
|Australia - Melbourne||220.127.116.11|
|Australia - Sydney||18.104.22.168|
|Canada - Montreal||22.214.171.124|
|Canada - Toronto||126.96.36.199|
|South Africa 1||188.8.131.52|
|South Africa 2||184.108.40.206|
|US East - N. Virginia||220.127.116.11|
|US Center - Dallas||18.104.22.168|
|US West - Los Angeles||22.214.171.124|
You can change the above DNS IPs with the followings. Using the closest location of your physical location will give you a better speed of DNS resolution.
You are now set. You can now log in to your Smart DNS Proxy > My Account > Home and check if you can see DNS Configured and IP activated messages.
- Only Smart DNS Proxy IPs should be used. If you had any other DNS IPs, please make sure to remove those. Otherwise, our service will not work.
- Make sure to restart your computer after you changed your DNS IPs.
- Make sure to visit www.smartdnsproxy.com and Log in to your account. So our system will identify your IP address to work with Smart DNS Proxy services. Otherwise, our service will not work.